Watch Live Stream of Service at http://www.ustream.tv/embed/23606452?html5ui
Gerard “Gerry” Alphonse Belec
It is with great sadness that Gerry’s family announces his passing on August 9, 2020.
He is survived by his loving wife Dora; his daughters, Marlie (Stephen) Burtt, Denise (Jim) Corbett, Nicole (Bryan) Baughman, Andrea (Jeff) Bowling and Dora’s son, Shawn (Sarah) Iles; his grandchildren, Leslie, Alyssa, Lyndie, Hayley, Jillian, Isaac, Elliot, Nathaniel, Madeleine, and great-grandchild Kylee and many nieces and nephews and their families.
He was very community-minded, was an avid volunteer in the church community with the Knights of Columbus, (Grand Knight, Faithful Navigator, Chapter President, District Deputy) and many other good works.
Briefly, the details are;
- Prayer will be on Thursday, Aug 13th, Saskatoon Funeral Home at 7:00 pm. Funeral Director’s name is Lance, phone 306-244-5577.
- Funeral service will be on Friday, Aug 14th, St Augustin’s Parish at 11:00 am, officiated by Fr Keven.
- Live-steaming of the Friday service will be available via the Saskatoon Funeral Home web site.
- Attendance is limited due to Coronavirus, however, a few seats may be available for Thurs & Fri, so will need to know member’s names beforehand ASAP. Email or call me @306-934-6709.
- There will be a casket, so an Honour Guard detail wearing KofC yellow & white Sashes, is to be arranged outside the Church for transfer of the casket to the hearse, following the Friday service (spacing & masks). HG members to include both 3rd Degree & 4th Degree knights.
- A brief notice & picture will be posted in the Star Phoenix Thursday. The Saskatoon Funeral Home will have a more detailed Obits following.